EXMURO arts publics is a non-profit organization founded in February 2007 with a mandate to disseminate and promote visual art and literature in the urban public domain.
For EXMURO, public art encourages open experimentation and expression as a counterbalance to the standardization and pragmatism that characterize many elements of our urban environments. Integrated into these essentially functional and uniform urban features, public artworks bear testimony to the possibility of generating original and surprising forms of expression amidst the flux of shared public space.
EXMURO’s primary objectives are to :
- Increase the presence of art in public space
- Generate reflection on critical issues affecting our society
- Reinvest the image in the urban environment with a resonance and function beyond advertising and signage
- Transform public buildings and spaces into unique forums for expression accessible to all
- Develop public art practices
485, boulevard Langelier, bureau 402
Passages Insolites 2019 (Temporary Public Art)
December 10, 2018, at 23:59
Please check the Centre's website for the most current information.