ARTSPACE (est. 1974) is Peterborough’s artist-run centre, a non-profit organization committed to the presentation of contemporary art and the support of artists. We change in response to the needs of artists, and work to engage and develop audiences. Our programming, though national in scope, is regional in spirit. By connecting artists to the community and welcoming a broad range of involvement, we continue to attract respected talent from across the country—talent we are proud to compensate with fees that often exceed recommended CARFAC rates.
- To advocate for the rights of artists.
- To encourage critical investigations by enabling exploration in curation, exhibition and performance.
- To develop engaging public forums such as lectures, panel and symposium presentations; workshops; broadcasts; publications; off-site exhibitions; and virtual projects.
- To foster dialogue between contemporary artists from diverse cultural/political perspectives.
- To serve as a versatile resource facility.
3-378 Aylmer Street North, P.O. Box 1748
Tuesday and Wednesday, 12 pm–6 pm
Thursday and Friday, 12 pm–8 pm
Saturday, 12 pm–4 pm
4th Annual Artspace Book + Zine Fest: November 16, 2018
General call for submissions: November 30, 2018
Gallery 1: 84 m2
Gallery 2: 37 m2
Studio 1 – Two computer stations with Adobe editing software, access to a small holding of production equipment
Please check the Centre's website for the most current information.