Gallery TPW is a not-for-profit artist-run centre dedicated to the presentation and critical investigation of contemporary still and time-based images, exploring the exchange between photography, film and video. Through a diverse program of exhibitions, screenings, performance, new critical writing and unique public programs, TPW is distinctive in expanding an awareness of the vital role that images play in contemporary culture. Committed to the development of a critical visual literacy, TPW programs have a strong investment in the creative potential of pedagogy.
- To foster dialogue through exhibitions and education programs about the varied social, historical and cultural contexts that affect the production and reception of still and time-based images.
- To support the development and promotion of work by emerging and mid-career local, national and international artists.
- To be proactive in exhibiting artists from diverse cultural communities.
- To support Canadian curatorial practice and critical writing.
- To be proactive in setting professional standards for the support of artistic production and presentation.
- To play an active role in developing a connected ecology within Toronto’s cultural communities, building cross-institutional relationships in critical, meaningful and sustained ways.
170 St Helens Avenue
Tuesday– Saturday, 12 pm– 5 pm
Call for Submissions: January 31, 2020
Please check the Centre's website for the most current information.